Hall Hire Costs
1 hour – £10 (£8 if 10 or more sessions booked and paid in advance)
Day hire (9.00am to midnight) – £80
Weekend – £140
To book the Community Centre please call Kathryn on 07415 666332
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
For the purposes of these conditions, the term HIRER shall mean an individual hirer or, where the hirer is an organisation, the authorised representative.
1. THE HIRER will, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage however slight or change of any sort and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car-parking arrangements.
2. THE HIRER shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof nor allow the consumption of alcoholic liquor thereon without prior notification to the COMMITTEE and obtaining the appropriate licence if alcoholic liquor is to be sold.
3. THE HIRER shall be responsible for obtaining such licenses as may be needed.
4. The HIRER shall designate a responsible adult to be present at every hiring to deter crime and disorder, to ensure the safety of children and to ensure that persons under 18 years of age do not consume alcohol on or in the environs of the Centre.
5. THE HIRER shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
6. THE HIRER shall comply with all conditions and regulations contained in the Conditions of Hire and with any conditions made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Local Magistrates’ Court or otherwise.
7. The HIRER shall ensure that no more than the licensed number of people are present in the premises at any one time.
8. THE HIRER shall, if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations. All food shall be removed at the end of a session.
9. THE HIRER shall ensure that no smoking takes place on the premises.
10. THE HIRER shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by the hire to the premises and used there shall be safe and in good working order, and used in a safe manner. All such equipment to be removed promptly after the hire.
11. THE HIRER shall indemnify the Committee for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the buildings which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring.
12. If THE HIRER wishes to cancel the booking before the date of the event and the Committee is unable to conclude a replacement booking, the question of payment or the repayment of the fee shall be at the discretion of the Committee.
13. THE HIRER shall ensure that the minimum of noise is made for the whole of the hire, including arrival and departure periods.
14. THE HIRER shall ensure that no dogs except registered assistance dogs are brought into the hall.
15. At the end of the hiring, the HIRER shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surroundings in a clean and tidy condition with all rubbish removed. The property must be locked and secured unless directed otherwise and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced, otherwise the Committee shall be at liberty to make an additional charge.
16. The COMMITTEE reserves the right to cancel this hiring in the event of the hall being required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government election or bye-election, in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit already paid.
17. In the event of the hall or any part thereof becoming unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the committee shall not be liable to the HIRER for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
18. THE HIRER shall ensure that any activities for children shall comply with all relevant legislation including The Children Act 1989 and any subsequent amendments and replacements thereof and that only fit and proper persons have access to the children
Please note that guests attending your event should be advised that parking for the Centre is in the Village Car Park. To reach the Village Car Park turn into the road by the Post office, and take the 2nd turning on the left. Please avoid using the private parking at the Public Houses or Craft Shop and on the pavement adjacent to the Centre.